Saturday, August 8, 2009

Guro Ako (I Am A Teacher)

Aside from being a wife and mother, I am also a professional teacher. I have been a teacher for 12 years. It hardly seems that long ago when I graduated from the university. But, yes, it's been twelve years --- and it's been a great experience so far.

As a 12 year old, I already knew that what I wanted to do was to work with children. Having done it as a career for more than a decade now has truly been a wonderful learning experience. Perhaps that is what is so wonderful about teaching --- you never cease being a student yourself. The learning just keeps on going.

12 years. 7 schools. Homeroom teacher. English teacher. Social Studies teacher. Special education teacher. Preschool teacher. Elementary school teacher. Highschool teacher. College sub. Post-graduate course instructor. Advocate for LD and ADHD.

Yes, I am a teacher. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment